Sunday, May 9, 2010

Reflection

Project 2 is both intriguing and challenging. The project is different from the previous one as it captures a story behind my architectural design. Acting as an investigator, I conducted research, readings, and outsourcing of information to create my narrative of a painting and translate my narrative into plans, sections and a model. The character, the activity, the encapsulated history of the painting, the site are vital for me to be able to accomplish this project.

I am particularly pleased with the progress of the project, at how ideas just seemed to flow naturally, the inspirations that I got from existing architecture as well as guidance from lecturer and tutor. The challenging part of the game, however, was time constraint. I did not get to produce some other drawings like poche to embody the atmosphere of my building.

Nevertheless, I am all the more determined to take what I have learned from the previous two projects and maintain an exploratory spirit in my quest of learning architecture.

No comments:

Post a Comment